Blood Pressure, it’s one of those conditions that sits under the radar. But more than 1 in 3 Adult Aussies it, and when they get diagnosed, they take pills. Stop – you can choose another path. Would you believe me that each one of the following steps can seriously drop your blood pressure?
- .Raise your Potassium intake. Foods like tomato paste, potato, corn, nectarines, all bran, snapper and coconut water are ridiculously high in potassium.
- Drop your salt intake. Use other flavours from the spice rack, limit eating out and take aways and choose foods with <400mg sodium per 100grams
- Weight Loss – for every 1kg drop, 1mmHg comes off your blood pressure.
- Reduce your alcohol – up to 2 standard drinks daily is fine, anything more starts spiking your blood pressure.
- Activity – 10 000 steps daily and / or get over 150minutes of moderate exercise weekly.
- Want to follow a diet plan? – check out the ‘DASH’ Diet: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/dash-diet#sample-menu
- Want to take supplements? – check out Aged Kyolic Garlic, Beetroot Juice, Coenzyme Q10.
- Drop me an email [email protected] if you want a personilised plan to drop your blood pressure and reduce your risk of stroke, heart and kidney disease.